Tuesday, November 13, 2007




It is hard to believe that we are about to leave Kampala! It was a great time mixed with some harsh reality. I have to say that it was pretty emotional for me at times. It was just hard to see and hear some of the situations that people live through. I was very impressed with what KPC are doing through Watoto - I think the future of this nation will see some radical reform through these future leaders. I was truly blessed to help with what I could do and believe me I am tired from photographing so much! Earlier today we walked around Kampala streets and I just handed the camera to Joz so he could shoot away. I was happy just to go along for the ride.

We leave tomorrow for Nairobi where we will be on a safari in the Masai Mara. I won't be able to post anything new until we get back. So I will post any of the cool animal shots then.

Thanks for reading about the trip and thanks to those who left comments. It was nice to hear that you were reading. Sorry I didn't do more but when I wrote most of them, it was late at night with squinting eyes - just like right now. Honestly, I can' believe I pulled it off! The next 4 days will be a time to recoup and meditate on some of this stuff - a lot to take in.

Some photos of me taken by Anton & Sam. The cute one is Winnie - Think I need to support her. The shot of me showing the kids the photos is at an IDP camp near Gulu.

See you on the 'flip-side'!

- Pete

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pete
love all the pics they look great!!
cn't wait till the animal shotscome on!!
can we see more of daddy!! plz
keep the great shots comin and by the way me nd mum wrote a cmnt but it dn't show?!?!
welz yerr going now
much LOVE all round <3
lauren.xx.

Unknown said...

Wow Pete.....the photos are amazing!!!! They bring tears to my eyes! Not so much out of sadness but out of complete awe! So looking forward to hearing about your journey when you return. Blessings, Sam (and Ian, Clauds & ?)

Peter D Claproth said...

Hi Lauren,

Sent through the animal shots - hope you like them!

Pete

Peter D Claproth said...

Hi Sam & Ian,

You guys need to do the trip - it is life changing! Had a lot of teary eyed moments myself, pretended that i had dust in my eyes :) Really awesome stuff - see you soon.

Pete