Monday, November 12, 2007

God is in the House!









It is sunday here and we had an awesome time at the church. I took heaps of photos for them and it was like being at CityLife - well sort of. I am feeling great about things, releaved I should say because I think I have given them a lot of great shots! You know me, I am always wondering how I even pull this off, being a 'photographer' but the response has ben great. Theya re happy with the results.

After church we got to have lunch at Siiba village with a Watoto family. A mama and 8 kids. We ate traditional food and then I just played with the kids. I wanted to take home a little 5 year old girl named Winnie - she hung on to me once she felt comfortable. She is so cute and I think she would fit right in to our family: Ez 8, Winnie 5, Jude 3 = perfect! Probably won't happen. Also played soccer with the boys and we had a great time. It was all too short!

Afterwards, we went back to the church to watch/photograph a play done by a group called Celebrate Zoe - which had a lot of the uni students we met with last week so it was fun to see them act. They were awesome.

Tomorrow I meet with the marketing dept for Watoto to review the shots to make sure I haven't missed anything. How many have I taken? Well over 2,000 and maybe 1/3 to 1/2 are usable. Yes that is a lot and yes I am tired!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete - These are amazing shots. Thanks for sharing them with us here in Oregon. It makes the world feel a little less "big."

Blessings - Cesie

Anonymous said...

Well done Pete! Thanks for the updates, we have been 'watching you'. So glad that you have stepped into the place God preordained for you to be and are making such a huge difference just being you and doing what you love most! Don't ever wonder or question what your calling is...!

Anne O said...

Well done Pete! Thanks for the updates, we have been 'watching you'. So glad that you have stepped into the place God preordained for you to be and are making such a huge difference just being you and doing what you love most! Don't ever wonder or question what your calling is...!

admin said...

Pete, the comments are not showing on your blog, you'll need to approve them. Good pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete, I am really enjoying reading about your trip. The photos are great and Watoto sounds like a great place. - Priscilla

Peter D Claproth said...

Hi Anne,

Your family is a crackup. Explains some things about you!! Olga gave me
the dirt about you!! Thanks so much your help - it has been great but I am
very tired! Phew. The safari will be good to relax some - I hope.

Pete

Peter D Claproth said...

Hey Cesie,

We met a team from Salem on the weekend in Gulu of all places. THey were
sooooo american. How funny hey? We leave Uganda today for Kenya and are
doing a safari so wild animal shots are coming. Hope you guys are all
well.

love ya,

Pete