Thursday, November 1, 2007

All in a Day



Today was a hectic day getting everything ready for the Africa Trip. Bank transfers, malaria pill, pick up Anton's camera gear and my new lens, finish off some design projects and deal with a print job gone bad (of course it happens this week) and more. It was crazy but things got done. All in a day . . .

Wendy Li, who works with me came over and we went through some work that she will be covering. Jackson, her husband came to pick her up and also gave me an early birthday present! A much needed portable hard drive that I need for the trip! Thanks guys! What a surprise.

Then we had Life Group here at our house. Life Group is our term for a small group that gets together from church. They surprised me with a bon voyage cake and a time of prayer over me. We also had a great time of discussion. We all agreed that this trip to Africa is just the beginning for all of us. Don't know why, but we all sensed that in our spirits. I told them that this trip involves them too even though I am the only one in the group going. Many of the prayers really hit home for me and reassured me. Amazing how God uses people to pray specifically about things that were on my heart already! Very comforting!

It's late! Tomorrow I have a date with my wife! Better get some rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete,
Make mine a latte too; a double... in a beef bowl!
Pete, God is going to do a great work in you in Africa; no doubt about it my friend. I will be praying for you; for strength, for courage, for health, for safety, and for wisdom. I'll be praying for Sharon and the boys as well.
Godspeed and so forth,
Bob and Rose

Peter D Claproth said...

Hey Bob & Rose, Yeah Latte in a beef bowl, can it get any better? I think not! One day bro, we will be sitting around drinkin the java together. Love you Bob and of course you too Rose! PD