Thursday, November 1, 2007

Across the Universe


If you love the Beatles and love the 60's era, mix that with a modern musical romance - then this movie (Across the Universe) is for you! This was Sharon and my 'speed date'. We had 3 hours to spend time together in this very hectic week. Started with some great Nasi Goreng, extra spicy and then watched this movie - the only ones in the entire theatre! Yea baby. Bono plays a 60's eccentric 'guru' and sings I am the Walrus, I am the eggman, ku kuc-hi ku! The lead male's name is Jude and the girl is who else but Lucy! And there's Mr Kite and Prudance comes through the bathroom window! Joe Cocker as a street busker singing "I get by with a lil help from my friends'. Anyway, go see it but it is rated M so be warned.

I mentioned Anton, in my last post and thought I better explain who he is. I met Anton at church and he and his family fellowship there - wife Alvecia, daughter Loren and a newborn Zack. There is their eldest daughter but I haven't met her yet. Anton, has a big heart for Africa and when he heard about my trip plans, I told him to consider going. I tell that to everyone but no one ever responds. Next thing you know, he's calling me for more info and within 2 weeks he was commited to going! Which is great because he is a seasoned traveller and, as mentioned, has a heart for the children of Africa. So he and I are getting ready to go and 2 more sleeps to go.

I have to say that I am really going to miss my boys and Sharon a lot. We have all travelled a lot together and this will be the longest time we will be apart. It will be hard!!

1 comment:

Yvonne Felix said...

Hey! I loved the movie as well... especially since I saw it over a month ago..ha! See you guys in a few weeks and I am praying for your upcoming trip to Africa. - Take Luck!