Friday, December 7, 2007

Hawaii 5-0

Yes it is true, I am 50! And to help me celebrate it, about 70 friends and I hung out under the stars in our lil back yard! December 1st, What a night! It was decked out in the Hawaiian theme complete with tiki torches, surf videos, longboards and everyone wore some sort of Hawaiian shirt/dress thing. My actual birthday was Nov 23rd. The special thing about it was that instead of receiving gifts, we raised money for Watoto in Uganda. I am so proud and thankful to say that we raised over $2000 so far. Many others are wanting to add to the kitty too.

Special thanks to Sharon for coordinating everything behind my back (it is hard to keep secrets from me - mostly because she cannot tell a lie); to Wendy Lee who created the invite and also a beautiful canvas that people wrote well wishes on and it had some beautiful 'Hawaiian' illustrations on it - very nice; to Birgitte & Kathy & Joe & John for helping in the kitchen and dishing it out to people; to Adrian Dogget who decked the place out with some cool lighting, a screen and AV stuff; to Steve McQueen who created an awesome slide show; to Heidi who made such a cool cake! And of course to all who came! We had such a great time. I also want to thank my family in the States for that great video surprise - blew me away! Thanks so much.

Here are some shots of the night:

70 people is such a small backyard!
Plenty of finger food dished out by Joe
Cheers!
Alfred & Anton: nice guys when they're sober (joking)
B, Bindi and Wendy

Todd, Billie, Emma & Jack

Adrian, Brett, Marion, Michael & Tina

Peter Hynes enjoying the Pina Coladas - make mine straight up

Awesome cake!
Looks like a prom shot from high school
The token Californian looking Jet Lagged (Yvonne arrived that day)
After Midnight . . .
Kathy & Joe
Me & my Sharon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such a great time.. especially since I flew to the other side of th world to be there and then I became the token Mexican maid!! Ha! Just kidding. It was great!

Sam Scotti said...

Hey Old timer, Gil told me about your big 5-0 bash and blog. Good to see & read that things are well with you.

Peter D Claproth said...

Hey Sam Scotti,

I have been following your blog too! I can't believe your kids! All adults. Scarry. Mine are still young. Hey we just bought a puppy, come and train her for us!