Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Hope you had a great Christmas and, as I write this, 2008 is only days away! Can't believe it myself! Don't we feel that every year? Time is slipping away so fast. In fact, it has been so long since I last posted a blog, I thought I'd better get another in before the new year arrives.

Our Christmas was spent in Queensland (Dec 18 - 27). We had an awesome time on the Gold Coast in Queensland! We took our good friend Yvonne from California and she had a blast. We stayed in Broadbeach (south of Surfer's Paradise) in a brand new high rise apartment called Ultra. The views were amazing and the apartment was beautiful.

Of course, I got sick a bit with a flu, so I had a day and a half in bed but at least I had a view of the beach! Eventually I was able to join the land of the living. The weather wasn't typical QLD weather but there was enough sun for me to get burned! And the waves were fun too.

Jude experienced his first 'wipeout'! Couldn't find his body under the whitewater for about 2 seconds! He came up looking frazzled and said 'I wan't mommy' . . . no crying or coughing, just 'I want mommy'! It was so funny. Jude loved the beach.

We did a lot of eating and drinking and eating and, did I say drinking? Yvonne can drink! She is lovely when she is sober. Otherwise - look out! I thought Aussies can put it away, but she was a big surprise.

Of course, there was plenty of shopping and we were only 10 minute walk away from Pacific Fair shopping centre. All good fun!

We left on the 27th. Good timing because a possible cyclone was about to hit Gold Coast! And arriving back in Melbourne to +30ยบ sunshine! Welcome home!

Despite some of the hiccups, we had a great time and are already looking for a way to get back up there! I hope you all had a great Christmas and may 2008 be an awesome year filled with blessings and challenges!









































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete,

I thank you for sharing the info on a very talented giving man... I saw the impact he had on your life firsthand through Blue-Eyed Soul, I was thankful to be part of that, Thank you for that and many other things you showed me!

For your 5-0 celebration, Happy Birthday. Looked like a whole lotta fun!!!!!

Than you for the pics you took in Africa, you are a talented man.

I pray for you often Pete, Best to you!

Tom A